Normally when we talk about inflammation, we think of it something bad in every aspect. The matter of fact is that inflammation is the process which helps our body to fight with the illnesses. For instance, the body sends a response team consisting mainly of white blood cells to the area which gets attacked by anything. The process of fighting with that infection or invasion results in inflammation which stops the infection from spreading.
However, what’s bad is the chronic inflammation which keeps happening due to the stay of unwanted substances in the body such as fats. Regular smoking can also result in inflammation. This inflammation is problematic due to the fact that it stops immune system working in the specific area. Hence, it can lead to serious illnesses such as Parkinson’s disease, heart disease, rheumatoid arthritis and cancer.
You can prevent and even get rid of the chronic pain due to inflammation by consuming anti-inflammatory diet. Here is what you can do to have anti-inflammatory diet.
- Make sure that your routine diet consists mostly of natural fruits and vegetable instead of processed foods which contain high amount of salts and sugar. Nine servings of fruits and veggies should be consumed on daily basis.
- When you are having anti-inflammatory diet, you have to make sure that you are consuming at least 25 grams of fiber every day.
- Fruits rich in alliums (garlic, scallions, onions, and leeks) and crucifers (broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, mustard greens or brussel sprouts) can help you in reducing the chances of inflammation drastically.
- You need to take calories in a specified amount every day. Make sure that saturated fats are not more than 10 percent of that caloric intake.
- When you are taking diet to fight inflammation, you will have to make sure that you are not taking red meat more than once in a week.
- Omega-3 fatty acids are quite beneficial for overall health. Another very important characteristic of these acids is that they fight inflammation. You need to have foods which are right in omega-3 fatty acids. These foods include flax meal, walnuts, beans, or Omega-3 supplements.
Apart from the diet, you can get help with your inflammation by your chiropractor. You need to make sure that your spinal structure is strong enough to support your immune system in order to fight inflammation. So, you can visit your chiropractor every now and then to get the chiropractic adjustments on regular basis.